Landscape Lighting Design servicing Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley
Knight Scapers handles all types of lighting whether you’re interested in dramatic, soft ambient, zone dimming LED or color changing lights. We work with the best lighting manufacturers including FX Luminaire, SPJ, WAC, and Kichler. Knight Scapers works hands-on with Coachella Valleys best landscape contractors and electricians to make sure nothing gets overlooked during the installation process.
Knight Scapers strives to exceed your lighting expectations.
As part of our services, Knight Scapers offers a complementary lighting demo to confirm the color temperature that fits you best. We return to place landscape flags, take pictures and present you with a pdf presentation once the design is completed. This will ensure that you’re aware of the fixture locations around the property and the function that each light serves.
Once the work has been completed we schedule an evening to make all final adjustments.
The fixtures listed come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty and Knight Scapers offers a 2 year landscape lighting maintenance service every 6 months with all work performed.
Advantages 0f Low Voltage LED Lighting (Light Emitting Diode)
- Efficiency: LEDs emit more lumens per watt than incandescent light bulb
- Color: LEDs can emit light of an intended color without using any color filters as traditional lighting methods need. This is more efficient and can lower initial costs.
- Size: LEDs can be very small (smaller than 2 and are easily attached to printed circuit boards.
- Warmup time: LEDs light up very quickly.
- Cycling: LEDs are ideal for uses subject to frequent on-off cycling, unlike incandescent and fluorescent lamps that fail faster when cycled often.
- Dimming: LEDs can very easily be dimmed either by pulse-width modulation or lowering the forward current. This pulse-width modulation is why LED lights,particularly headlights on cars, when viewed on camera or by some people, seem to flash or flicker.
- Cool light: In contrast to most light sources, LEDs radiate very little heat in the form of IR that can cause damage to sensitive objects or fabrics. Wasted energy is dispersed as heat through the base of the LED.
- Slow failure: LEDs mostly fail by dimming over time, rather than the abrupt failure of incandescent bulbs.
- Lifetime: LEDs can have a relatively long useful life. One report estimates 35,000 to 50,000 hours of useful life.
- Shock resistance: LEDs, being solid-state components, are difficult to damage with external shock, unlike fluorescent and incandescent bulbs, which are fragile.
- Focus: The solid package of the LED can be designed to focus its light. Incandescent and fluorescent sources often require an external reflector to collect light and direct it in a usable manner.
|Lightbulb Projected Lifespan||50,000 hours||1,200 hours|
|Watts Per Bulb (equiv. 60 watts)||10||60|
|kWh of Electricity Used Over 50,000 Hours||500||3000|
|Cost of Electricity (@ 0.10 per kWh)||$50||$300|
|Bulbs Needed for 50,000 Hours of Use||1||42|
|Equivalent 50,000 Hours Bulb Expense||$7.00||$52.50|
|TOTAL Cost for 50,000 Hours||$57.00||$352.50|